Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Take a bite 2: Electric Bugaloo

Well, the Korean restaurant was "reservation only" so we stumbled around and finally ended up back at Hot . Ray had the miso-marinated salmon and soba noodles with a rocket salad for starters. I ordered Vietnamese springrolls for an appetizer and followed with the Yum Neu salad. Delish! I think we drank too much at the restaurant because Ray fell asleep while we were at the cinema watching Pirates 2. We had seen it before so I didn't wake him up until the very end. On our previous viewing, he had missed the little bit after the credits because he ran home to pay the sitter. I was wide awake when we got home. After Ray went to sleep, I stayed up to watch Just Like Heaven. Um, Mark and Reese, hon, not your best. (What the hell was up with Reese's hair in most of the film? Couldn't they have picked a better hairstyle for her to sport for the majority of the film?) And my copy kept screwing up. I had just gotten comfy in our bed, rubbing Ray's back, with Katya purring and sleeping between us, when the DVD started to pixelate. So I got out of the bed, which obviously displeased the cat, and stomped down the hall to the living room to use the DVD player there. I watched nearly all the movie and then the disc started screwing up again. I was pissed. Even though I wasn't enjoying the film, I *needed* to see how it ended. I'm just that way. I finally figured out that if I fast-forwarded the film on speed x2, I could read the subtitles but not sit in agonizing paralysis waiting for the film to sputter on by itself. Disgusted by all this effort for a lousy film, I went to bed in a bad mood. This morning, we slept late and went out to Noodles for lunch. The food wasn't that great. I think it's because both of us are sick (yes, Ray is ill now too!) so nothing seemed appetizing. I got a cold apple soup for a starter and it was nothing more than homemade applesauce. I don't know what I was expecting. Baby food wasn't it. It was tasty but not enough for a whole heaping bowl of it. In a brash move, against my better judgement, I ordered lasagna. I usually don't eat lasagna in restaurants because it can be too cheesy or creamy. And yep, this was no exception. I'm feeling quite nauseated now. Ray's mushroom soup and weiner schnitzel was good but he couldn't finish it. Poor guy. He's planning on taking a nap today in the hopes it will help him feel better. My darling girl has returned. Our home is complete again. She is lounging on the couch, munching on popcorn, watching Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster, which we rented for her last night on the way to the Korean restaurant. And I shall soon join her. As I said before, she is the *best* snuggler and I've missed my daily ration of SophSnuggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home