Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Meals of yesteryear

Okay, maybe not yesteryear. More like *last* year. In December. I made this lovely lasagna with spinach, ricotta and some hot 'n' spicy sausage. It was the prettiest and tastiest lasagna I've ever made!

Next, we have three sweet little beauties wearing a lovely chocolate...oh to hell with that. I was going to describe the soufflés as if they were in a fashion show but let's just cut to the chase, shall we? Three chocolate soufflés with a splash of Grand Marnier. I didn't like how the sugar coating on the ramekin stuck to the edge of the soufflé. Unfortunate, that. On to 2007... Post-New Year's illnesses struck the whole family. Enter, two sick siblings, also suffering from a mysterious photographic disease I like to call, "red eye:" Chocolate chip cookies. Good for what ails ya: Some zucchini with bacon and onions, which I served over brown rice along with roast chicken and homemade gravy: Note on gravy: instead of wine, I used a tawny port in my gravy and it was divine! Try it and tell me what you think. It's unique but tasty. Tonight's dinner of linguine with vodka cream sauce: LittleBiscuit, eating linguine with parmesan. She's a hopeless teetotaler. She won't eat anything with the slightest bit of alcohol in it. I suppose that's a good thing in a child, isn't it? That's it, folks! I didn't take a lot of food photos over the holidays. I wish I had!

Movies seen this year: ---The Prestige, starring the luscious and tremendously talented Christian Bale and equally yummy Hugh Jackman ... and Scarlett Johansson's tits. Honestly, you don't really need her. Just her tits. Yeah, I figured out part of this film early on but the ending was a nice surprise. I felt it dragged in places and went on too long, as usual. The writing was good, the acting was okay and we got to see David Bowie onscreen, which is always a treat. Even when he's bloated and aging. It's okay, Dave. We forgive you. We'll forgive you anything! Except maybe splitting up with Iman. Don't press your luck, there, Dave. Back to the film... go see it! It's a nice change from the rest of the drivel in the cinemas right now. And no, it's not like The Illusionist. It's better. ---Night at the Museum with LittleBiscuit. Why was this film made? Who told Ben Stiller his comedic style would work in a film like this? Because I don't think it does. So many of the scenes fell flat and seemed slapped together. I could sniff out the "bad guy" from a mile away. But you know what? I'll bet this movie makes a ton of money. Sigh. Oh, one cute thing. Stay for at least the beginning of the credits. You get to see Dick Van Dyke hoofing it up. And because I'm white and nerdy, here's a treat from Weird Al.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

But yet, aren't we all just White and Nerdy? Redd has this as his ring tone LOL

1/26/2007 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger MrsCatHead said...

LOL That song is a brain worm. Once it's in your head, it won't leave!

1/27/2007 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home