Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ketchup with Biscuitland

Ray is feeling worse, poor guy. Our sitter is coming on Sunday, instead of tonight, because she is recuperating from strep throat. Also, that gives Ray a few more days to get better. There is much rejoicing in Biscuitland today. Our Movie Mars order came in! Ray and I ordered Three Extremes (Saam gaang yi) and In the Mood for Love (Fa yeung nin wa). For Soph, we ordered Kimba the White Lion (Janguru taitei), the dubbed series in a box set. I know, I know. But dubbed is best for her right now, until her reading gets "better." It's cool cuz the box set came with a booklet and extra DVD with the original Japanese debut episode. Yah! Extra stuff! The booklet also explains the changes in plot NBC insisted upon. For example, they wouldn't allow Kimba to die in the last episode. They also didn't want him to grow up! Poor little American children. We musn't ask too much of them. Already, only having seen two episodes so far, I'm noticing many similarities in Disney's The Lion King. I'll wait until I've watched more episodes and come back here with a list. For lunch today, we went to Zorba's for some Greek food. We started with our favorite wine, Imiglykos. It's like sunshine in a glass, nectar of the gods. It's marvelous. For lunch, I had moussaka and Greek potatoes. Ray had kotopulo pilaf. Soph? Ate a hotdog from a street vendor. I can't believe we have a child who hates Greek food. How on earth did *that* happen? Actually, I prefer to think she doesn't like Greek food *yet.* That last word is crucial to my sanity. You see, we plan to go to Greece next year. Oh well...she can at least eat fish and spaghetti bolognese if nothing else. Those are her two restaurant staples when travelling. After lunch, Ray headed home because he was exhausted already. Soph and I had some shopping to do. We were on a mission: find new linen, including duvet and pillows, for her room for under 200 dollars. We failed. But she's happy with what she chose. She also got two throw pillows to match, in a teal blue, and oatmeal-colored sheets (x2). Did I mention she needed a new duvet because the cat peed on her bed while we were in America? And it was so hot it dried? And we didn't notice when we got home because we had jet lag and Soph slept with us for nearly two weeks? And when we finally noticed the smell in her room, the duvet was beyond cleaning? Yeah. So the kid's been sleeping with blankets and mismatched linen (awwww!) for months now. Hence, the big splurge. Ok. I hope I've rationalized my purchase. I've got to cut this short because Soph is tugging on my skirt, trying to get me to watch more Kimba. I see a lot of lounging around with her in my immediate future. I may emerge sometime next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home