Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Kitchen Table productions

Ok, well, really Living Room productions. Sophia just filmed her own version of the Numa Numa (Dragostea Din Tei) vid. There's one point in the song where it sounds like the singer is saying "feta cheeeeeeyeah." So we always sing "feta cheese-yeah" cuz we're 12 that way. When Soph made her vid, I held up a plate of feta cheese at that point in the song and she cackled her head off. I love watching her come up with ideas for vids. She already has ideas about perspectives and angles. Our own little budding director.Soph has often said she wants to be a director, like her idol, Hayao Miyazaki. In other SophNews, it has been suggested to me that I should link some of her favorite songs. For about six months now, she has been rocking out to Yuki's Joy. I even printed out the words for her, which sparked more interest in learning Japanese. Already, she had expressed a desire to learn the language so she could watch Pokemon episodes/movies and Miyazki's films in the original language. She snuggles with me at night sometimes when I watch my kung fu flicks. One of our favorites is the Once Upon a Time in China series, about a sort of Chinese Robin Hood, Wong Fei Hung. She and I love the opening song, Naam Yi Dong Ji Keung and found it online. (For a cheesy, videogame-like version, click on the "Wong Fei Hung" link above.)We've been trying to learn the song but Chinese, for us, is infinitely harder to memorize than Japanese. So those are two songs she likes right now. Along with Garfield, Spongebob and Pokemon tunes, of course. I've been trying to teach myself tai chi, with the help of some DVDs but it's slow going. I've repeatedly looked for a private tutor here in the city but haven't had any success yet. Sophia likes to practice with me. I feel like an idiot, watching myself in the mirror. I can't get the graceful hand movements down. And no, I'm not doing this for exercise. I think it's just a beautiful martial art form. God, I love Saturdays. Here's what we have planned for today: grocery store to pick up some dairy products, finish up laundry, Ray to have dinner with Hilary at 6, and more lounging/web surfing/vid-making. Ray went out to Green Tomato earlier to pick up lunch for us: Greek salad, pepperoni pizza and some pasta. We've been going to this place since we first moved to Prague, over six years ago. Not much of a website, so you can't tell much, but if you're in town and want a solid meal, check this place out. I have no idea what to cook for dinner...I hate the whole process of planning meals and figuring out what everyone wants and will eat. And then it's gone in twenty minutes or less. I think this is why we dine out so often. Plus, we love different ethnic foods, made in the proper way which I could never mimic. Plus, I'm a lazy cook unless I get "into" it. I'm trying to redefine this whole "housewife" thing for myself. I'm playing around with allowing myself not to feel wholly responsible for feeding everyone. Ray is semi-retired, home as much or even more than I am, and therefore *as* responsible as I am for the food thing. And yet, I still feel, as "the woman," I need to be the one to plan, shop, cook, feed everyone. He says it's because I'm better at it. Hmmm...I'll chew on that one for a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

I'm so lazy, I can't take the time to install a Java update, so I can't watch the videos LOL.

8/19/2006 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home