Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Asian Food Week, Take Two: Meal Three

Hate to be boring but I made chicken pakora again. I had two chicken breasts left and orginally was going to make a sort of coconut milk sauce and serve it all over egg-fried rice. However, I was yearning for pakora again. So tasty! So we had the pakora with leftover raita potatoes. For dessert, I made an Indian bread pudding:

I am still feeling under the weather. (What a strange expression!) I was going to do Halloween crafts with LittleBiscuit but I didn't feel well enough to drag all the supplies out, do crafts and put everything away again. I printed out some stuff from Enchanted Learning and we did those together. Well, actually, she did them all by herself without needing my help but I was on stand-by, just in case. This evening, Mr. Biscuit read the last chapter of the second Romeo Crumb book while I put lotion on LittleBiscuit and helped her into her jammies. I enjoyed the first one but this book was a bit...um, weird. And Mr. Biscuit said the grammar and spelling errors were once again rampant. Terrible editing job, that! Next book? Either Time Cat or the third Borrowers installment. I noticed something strange about Blogspot. When I create a post, it marks the time I begin the post, not when I actually publish it. Shrug. Movies watched recently, reviews to come later: ---Shogun (Okay, it's actually a mini-series...I'm also reading the novel) ---Thank You For Smoking (saw this in the cinema with Mr. Biscuit) ---Elvira Madigan ---Samurai Rebellion or Joi-uchi: Hairyo tsuma shimatsu ---3 Extremes II or Saam gaang ---A Better Tomorrow or Ying hung boon sik (the one that started it all!) ---The Family Stone (rented...apparently the screenwriters assumed "free-spirited" translated as "mannerless")

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

I remember reading Shogun back when I was in highschool. My mom had bought it from the Doubleday book of the month club LOL. I enjoyed it, but I'd say it was a bit over my head at times, since I was only 15!

10/17/2006 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger MrsCatHead said...

LOL I know. I remember all the books I read at that age and know that I really should read them again.

10/17/2006 07:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home