Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Asian Food Week, Take Two: Meal Two

Our sitter came today. Ray and I went to Kogo in Slovansky dum. I'm feeling like I'm coming down with another cold, or maybe I just didn't get rid of the one I had before. I think I felt well for half a day! I had a big bowl of soup with veal and veggies. I also ordered a Greek salad but couldn't finish it. I'm feeling yucky. Ray had grilled dorada, boiled potatoes and steamed broccoli. I like Kogo because you can get great wines by the glass and it's close to where we usually need to run errands. It can seem pretty pretentious, however, especially in the evening. You walk in and everyone looks you up and down to see what you're wearing and who you are with. Lots of famous folk eat there. A few years ago, I saw our former president's wife, Dagmar Veškrnová dining there at the table which is always Reserved. After getting back home and saying "Goodbye" to the sitter, LittleBiscuit and I started decorating for Halloween. We made most of this stuff last year. I also forgot to take a picture of our front door, which we decorated with paper leaves in fall colors and more paper bats. Yeah, LittleBisuit likes bats. A lot. For dinner, I made chicken pakora and raita potatoes with mint garnish. Delish! All together now: It was actually much easier to make pakora than I imagined. I liked dipping my hands in the batter and coating the chicken pieces. Like playing in the mud...sort of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home