Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Scones and giggles

Little Biscuit had a friend over today. She'd been planning what to do for weeks. She had it all worked out. First, we'd make scones together. While they baked and I cleaned up, she and her friend would play. Then, they'd come to my "restaurant" and order snacks. Little Biscuit and I worked on menus and even a credit card she could use to pay me for my services. After the scones were put into the oven, I left out some dough for them to mess around with. This dough, as you can see in the photo below, was practically obliterated. They ordered apple slices, strawberries, tuna, lingot (a goat cheese), baguette, and jam for the scones. I brought out all the fancy jams I purchased at Fauchon in Paris. I'm just that kind of mom. Hehehe. The patrons enjoying their meal in the Kid Cat Cafe: Little Biscuit's friend (you can see the menu on the table): Little Biscuit posing: They had a blast. Lots of giggles today. I had fun playing the waitress/cafe owner. Mr. Biscuit and I went out of the room to laugh when we saw how Little Biscuit signed her credit card receipt: Sakura. She uses that as her name lately when she pretends. Note: when I say "laugh," I don't mean "poked fun at." I mean "laugh" as in "enjoyed her and reveled in the love, baby."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home