Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Asian Food Week: Meal One

While I prepared a lunch of sliced ham and Annie's Shells and Cheese, Soph went back to her room to play for a bit. This rarely happens. She ordinarily stays in the living room, to be near us. I went back to tell her lunch was ready and she showed me what she had been working on: I was surprised that she didn't even use the guide book to make this frog. Cool! ------------------------------------------- "Machine bats" ------------------------------------------- Two-headed snake ------------------------------------------- I bought a great little cookbook at Marks & Spencer a month ago. I ran around town looking for all the proper ingredients. It's nuts trying to find things in Prague! However, this shop rocks! I found lots of Japanese food supplies. For tonight's dinner, however, I made Chinese: wonton soup (wun tun tong) and beef chop suey (jaap seui ngau yuk). I had a lot of fun making the won tons. It took longer than I anticipated but it was well worth the wait. I also got better at making them as I went along. Halfway there! ------------------------------------------- In the pot! The stock is a bit darker than I would have liked. Next time, I'll use a lighter chicken stock. ------------------------------------------- Garnishes for the soup: ------------------------------------------- Yummy entree, which I served over jasmine rice ------------------------------------------- We have tons of leftovers. I plan to make Asian meals until Friday and then eat up the leftovers and start all over next Monday with a new menu!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

YUM! I love wontons, but it's so much trouble making them. Send me some of that soup!

10/03/2006 04:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home