Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Yet Another AFW: Meal Two

First, here are pictures of last night's dessert. I decided to forego the champagne sauce and make my own whipped cream, which was easier than I imagined. To serve, I put a little of the chilled rosé champagne in the bowl, added the chocolate pasta, piped some cream over that and topped with strawberries. The heat from the pasta made the cream melt and the champagne fizzle. It was so delicious! (Sorry about the quality of the photo. We were in a hurry to eat!) Today, LittleBiscuit and I went for lunch. I regret to say, we went to KFC. Yes, I know. We had fun, though. We always have to wait for our order at KFC. We both like popcorn chicken and it's never ready at this location. We did some number games, which we often do when we have to wait someplace. She'll say, "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 100" and I have to guess the number. I changed it around a little today because lately she's been talking about even and odd numbers. So, I tried, "I'm thinking of a number between 33 and 66 and it's odd." We also counted by two's and five's. Math can be so fun if you don't make it school-ish. We were just passing time. Later, we went to C & A to look for gray sweatpants and a gray hoodie for her Halloween costume. After much cursing from me about how I could find nothing without a decal or graphics splayed across the front, we settled on black sweats and a black turtleneck. She tried them on and did her best Dusclops impression in the dressing-room mirror. We hung out in the small play area for a bit before heading back outside. Stopping by the flower stall near our flat, we purchased some small gourds and pumpkins for Halloween decoration and three bright yellow chrysanthemums. After we arrived home, I did some housework while she worked on her Snap Circuits. We then took out some paper crafts. I bought them in Paris and we're just now getting around to putting them together. Yes, I'm shamed. You can see a ferris wheel she made with K'Nex behind our mini-Paris: A close-up of les chiens: For more pictures, you can visit LittleBiscuit's blog. For dinner, I made something that wasn't particularly Asian, although I did use soy sauce and adzuki beans. I made Red Dragon Pie, using the recipe found in that link. I added garlic. I usually add leeks but the ones in the grocery store didn't look tasty. Straight from the oven: In the bowl: After dinner, LittleBiscuit wanted to play with Snap Circuits more. We did four experiments and would have made more but Mr. Biscuit reminded me that we needed to read another chapter of Time Cat and start our evening movie before we got too sleepy. For tonight, we chose Man Facing Southeast (Hombre mirando al sudeste), which was ripped off by the author of K-PAX whom Hollywood made famous by turning his book into a movie. Man Facing Southeast was amazing. So many subtle truths that your mind spins. You can only smile and nod then curse yourself for not writing it all down on paper. However, for some reason, no one can leave Mr. Biscuit and I alone so we can watch a movie uninterrupted. First, the child. She came in and loudly fiddled around in her toys trying to find "something important." It isn't like she doesn't have an entire room of important somethings which could keep her entertained until our movie finished. Then, the cat. She is so neurotic that she wouldn't come onto the couch, even after coaxing and sweet-talking. She barfed on the carpet. After she regurgitated her dinner, she ran down the hall, meowing loudly for us to follow. When we didn't, she went up to the loft and crapped on the futon. Won't the guests love to hear that when we put them there to sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home