Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Stuffing

Yes, I know. I've been a slacker. I admit this freely. So this will be a sort of speed posting. Stuffing. Filler. All the things that have happened since I last updated, only snipped down and squished into this post. First, the food. Ratatouille with eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, onions, fresh basil and thyme: Tabbouleh: Kibbeh, which did not turn out as well as I had hoped: Samosas (with peas, carrots, onion and cauliflower filling) and leftover tabbouleh and kibbeh: I also made a roast chicken with homemade stuffing (spicy sausage, apples and walnuts), gravy (which was too lumpy but no one complained), mashed potatoes and salad. Alas, I forgot to take photos. You'll just have to imagine! Here's a lasagna with sausagemeat and mushrooms: For one of our dates, Mr. Biscuit and I went to a new Japanese restaurant in Vinohrady, Samurai. It was so clean and quiet. First, they presented us with complimentary salad: Sake! Gyoza, which had more ginger than usual but were superb: Salad with pickled sprouts and cucumber: Miso shiro: Tori no karaage (fried chicken balls with ginger): Pineapple fried rice: Ray's dish of rice, pork cutlet, peas and leeks with egg on top (I forgot the name and can't find it on the online menu): Dessert of green tea ice cream with red beans and sesame cracker: Our Halloween table with ghost gifts for LittleBiscuit and SisterBiscuit (this is actually from a few nights before Halloween): Halloween dinner. LittleBiscuit made up silly names for all the food. These are "pumpkin pops," rather than carrot sticks. "Mummy ribs:" "Caterpillar skin with blood:" All together now (altogethernow): I also made graveyard brownies but forgot to take a picture before the chocolate thieves stole into the kitchen and devoured them. Brownies don't last long in our home! Now, onto other stuff. On the way to the Japanese restaurant, Mr. Biscuit and I walked around Vinohrady because we're thinking of moving there next year. Hilarious yet scary carpets seen in a shop window: LittleBiscuit and I went to a pottery class last Saturday. She made lots of stuff with clay and also two beetles made from walnut shells: Our harvest table: Today, LittleBiscuit and I went to TGIF for lunch. We haven't been since the spring because the food always gives me a stomachache. Still does. LittleBiscuit didn't even finish her food. Not as good as you remembered, huh? Coloring: Sneaky smile: Before I sign off, I have to relay this hilarious story. For some background info, Mr.Biscuit makes weird noises in his sleep, sometimes like he's eating. LittleBiscuit and I were snuggling in bed on Halloween, watching a movie, while Mr.Biscuit snored and slept beside us. He started making eating noises. LittleBiscuit thought he was dreaming of the delicious ribs I made for dinner. She leaned over him and whispered, "Daddy, I see some ribs over there. Go get the ribs, Daddy!" as if he were a dog. We laughed so hard that the bed was shaking. I thought we'd wake him up for sure. But of course, he slept soundly, snoring away. And eating ribs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

Your food always looks so delicious! I"m coming over for dinner!

11/07/2006 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger MrsCatHead said...

Thank you! And please, yes, come visit! S would be glad to share her room. She sleeps with us anyway...LOL

11/07/2006 06:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home