Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blah Blah Blah tired cakes

I feel ancient using the old TWOP "blah blah blah...cakes" phrase. Please excuse my antiquated ass. I just can't think of anything to use for a Title. I'm exhausted. Ray was gone when Sophia and I woke up this morning. He had his weekly appointment with the physical therapist. Well, she's *sort* of a physical therapist. She uses all sorts of techniques, including chiropraxy, to help him with his back. He's been having terrible back pains in the past few months. We decided he should go once a week and get massages as well. Neither of us like the idea of him using medicine for the pain. We're hoping these sessions will help him avoid that. She's giving him exercise "homework" and suggested he buy a special pillow that molds to his head when he rests. Soph and I woke up slowly, the *best* way to wake up, imo! We played with her My Little Pony Frilly Frocks Boutique before we decided to officially Get Up. I had promised to take her to lunch and then swimming. On the way, I dropped by Marks & Spencer to pick up the rain jacket I've been eyeing. The rain coat I've been using for a few years, which is two sizes too big now, looks like this but it's white. And it's from Zara. Confused yet? Hee. I was hoping they weren't sold out of my size. They weren't! I scored! Yah for me. I usually hate jackets with belts. Anything with a belt just cuts my body in such a way that is horribly unflattering. But for some reason, this jacket works for me. I think cuz it's a bit cropped but not *too* cropped. It's perfect! Again, yah! Soph and I had a blast swimming. We stayed three hours! That's why I'm exhausted. I'm a bit sore, too. We haven't been swimming lately due to my cold, then Ray's cold, then scheduling issues. I've sorely missed visiting the pool. I love that first moment when you let your body slip into the water (unless you're the type to jump in, which is how Sophia and Ray enter a pool). The water feels almost like a caress. I always let out a little sigh. I'm glad Sophia is a good swimmer. I don't feel worried about her if I want to swim a few laps around the pool. And the hot tub. Ahhhhh. It's heavenly. We sort of floated home after that. I have about ten minutes before I need to start assembling the lasagna. Yesterday, while out hunting for dinner, I passed by my favorite little Italian shop, Sapori. By the way, I have no idea why someone would use "sexybit" as a domain name for an Italian food shop. Do you? I bought all the lasagna supplies there, along with some yummy breadsticks. So when I am done spewing my thoughts here, I shall get up and make a delicious dinner. That's the plan, anyway. Oh and I have to wait til my current addiction is finished. I'm really getting into Pu Shu's music. It's pop, I realize. But I'm old. I can be dorky if I want to be. Speaking of old, my birthday is next week! I'll be 36. How's *that* for tired and ancient?

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

That jacket is cute. I don't have a rain coat. I just dash in and out quickly to the car! I try to avoid shopping if it's raining. How lame!

8/24/2006 01:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home