Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Scrambled II: The Quickening

I'm procrastinating. I was working on a project but I'm hiding here instead. I'm oh so scrambled today. I can't motivate myself to do much of anything. Soph and I finished our Japanese lesson earlier. We were learning new vocabulary and practicing hiragana. See that table on the page there? We're learning that. Soph and I sat at the kitchen table with our worksheets. I pointed to each syllable and corresponding hiragana, saying it out loud, with her repeating. Then we each copied the word, using hiragana. She would write hers really fast and slam her pencil down, shouting, "Done!" Where did she acquire this competitive spirit? Ray and I are practically allergic to competition. We're now listening to Yuki. Again. I love vids that have a defined beginning and ending. It appeals to my sense of symmetry, patterns and how things could fit together. When I first saw this video, I immediately thought of Michel Gondry. It wasn't just that Yuki reminds me of Bjork a bit. The video has a style which brings to mind Gondry's work. I can't remember which video I'm thinking of. I have a collection of his stuff, thanks to my stepson, Myles. I'll sort through it later and come back with a link. OK. I've got to get my ass in gear today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula Bellman said...

You could totally be a movie critic. You should move back to the US and make your name!! I tell ya, I trust you over the bozos who give reviews in our papers.

8/21/2006 04:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home