Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mooncakes

Errand day in Biscuitland. We went to have lunch at an old favorite, Thrakia. We fully expected yummy Bulgarian food and "bear's blood" wine. Alas, this was not to be. The menu was completely changed. There were a few "Balkan specialities" but mostly just your average Czech food. Don't get me wrong. I like Czech food as well but I was expecting gyuvetch. Afterwards, we headed to Potten & Pannen to buy two ramekins for my mini chocolate soufflés, which I intend to make tomorrow night as a treat for Mr. Biscuit and myself. I could go nuts in that store. Honestly. It's a cooking addict's crackhouse. Mr. Biscuit had to go to the post office (again) in order to fight for our package. Sigh. This is getting old, people. Guess what came in this package? Two cases of Annie's Shells & Cheese! We go through periods where we miss certain foods from the States. This is our latest obsession. Dinner! Shells and cheese, ham, and steamed broccoli: Also in the package were matching stocking caps from Grandma for LittleBiscuit and SisterBiscuit (please forgive the "red eye." I swear I chose the No Red Eye option on the camera...): After dinner, LittleBiscuit and I wanted to make some cream scones. However, when mixing the cream in, I noted it was thinner than I expected. The dough was more like a batter. It wouldn't roll up into a ball so we could roll it out on our pastry mat. I decided to cook them anyway. They turned out fine! Just...different. So we called them "mooncakes" rather than "scones." We ate them with strawberry jam and orange marmalade. I tried the milk pudding jam I got in Paris...it was gross. Like mucous. Fair warning!

1 Comments:

Blogger maura said...

Hey you!
I found you through a link on Paula's blog. I can't believe how big your little biscuit is!

I just started a blog, come check it out http://colorado-musings.blogspot.com/

Did you know we moved to Colorado?

11/07/2006 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home