Biscuitland

Light and fluffy, yet filling!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Soufflé

Fun day at Casa Biscuit. LittleBiscuit and I slept late because we were up late last night watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Again. I cry my eyes out every time I watch this movie. I often cry simply because Pikachu is so damn cute. Then you add Mew to the mix and I'm done for. This movie has a lot of heart-tugging scenes, like when all of Ash's Pokemon are crying their eyes out because they think Ash is "dead." Christ on a cracker, I can't handle that! I'm tearing up thinking about that scene. I dare you to watch Pikachu blubbering and not get a little misty-eyed. Damn you, Pokemon! After snuggling and talking about our dreams, we got dressed and headed out to lunch. It was uneventful. Not good. Not terrible. Then we went swimming. Yah! We stayed over two hours. LittleBiscuit is such a fish. Speaking of fish, we were down to three fish and one plecostomus, which has grown gargantuan in size. We call it "The Bohemoth." LittleBiscuit has a more simplistic, pragmatic approach to names. She calls it "Cleany."

When we were done swimming, we dropped by the pet shop on the way home in order to pick up some more fish. Here are some pics of our fish friends:

The Bohemoth (taken using the "behind glass" option on my camera, no flash): Glass fish (Terrible picture! I will try to get a better one and replace this): We also got some tetra (of course), an angelfish with a yellow head (whom LittleBiscuit named "Butter") and a couple of some kind of guppy. I couldn't get a picture of them because they are still freaked out and swimming wildly. For dinner, I made braised chicken with mushrooms, which I served over long grain and wild rice with sliced celery. For dessert, I attempted my first soufflé. As you can see from the photo, one turned out beautifully and the other, well...it sort of split in the middle. However, Mr. Biscuit and I report that they were tasty as hell! Definitely making this again! Seen from above: Side shot: LittleBiscuit is, at the moment, rocking out to the closing credit songs to Help, I'm a fish! (Hjaelp, jeg er en fisk). She is such a fun kid. She's been walking around lately talking about irony. She actually grasps the meaning quite well. Why should I be surprised? Now, we're off to read another chapter of Time Cat! Mew!

3 Comments:

Blogger MrsCatHead said...

Strange phenomenon happening with this post. Happened once before. You have to highlight the text and click with your mouse. Then it will all show up. Weird.

11/08/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger Paula Bellman said...

You sound like me. I cry during Spirit every time Spirit and Little Creek part ways. Yikes!

11/10/2006 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger MrsCatHead said...

YES! I cry all through that movie. Sophia says it's not worth watching it if I'm just going to cry the whole time. LOL

11/11/2006 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home